Many of us have been there: tired of putting in the effort at the gym and not seeing results. Many people show determination and consistent effort, but don’t reach their goals. “What am I doing wrong?” is the logical question, and either we find a personal trainer or we start deeper research on the subject. Some of the tips we will find are: build strength, enhance your endurance, maintain healthy eating habits and so on. But which one is the best for us? Which one to follow? We did a little research for you on the topic and here are top 5 tips for effective fitness.
These top 5 tips for effective fitness are for both women and men. Keep in mind fact that you need to be consistent with your diet and exercising but you also have to give yourself time to relax. Your body, your muscles need time to relax and recover for the next session. You also have to believe in yourself! This one is very important!
Top 5 Tips For Effective Fitness
- Start running: If you want to add running to your routine, you need to prepare for that. You’re ready to run if you’ve spent at least 2 weeks walking on a regular basis—roughly 30 minutes a day, 4 – 5 days a week. Start by adding short turns of running to your regular walks and gradually increasing the amount of time that you spend running. Here are some best running apps that you can download and track your success.
- Drink more water: When we are dehydrated, we affect the performance of our body. So it is simple: always have a bottle by your side. If it is hard for you to drink more water, add flavors to your water, pieces of fresh fruits, veggies or herbs. If you cannot remember to drink it more regularly, you can remember to drink a glass after every bathroom break. It sounds silly, but it works. Or, you can sip it before every meal. This will also lower calories intake. Also, you can download apps to remind you, and some of the best you can find here.
- Exercise with music: According to Costas Karageorghis, a psychology researcher at Brunel University: “When you are exercising at low to moderate intensity, music can reduce your idea of how hard you have to work.” This means that you will try harder and act better. Many people say that a good beat helps them keep the pace and elevates their mood, and more important: music makes us all want to move, so why not giving it a try? Don’t bother making your own playlists for exercising. Download your app here.
- Set goals and rewards: Ok – your goal is to lose weight. Once you set the goal, you need to be able to tell whether you achieved it or not. Make these goals simple, measurable…and this is essential. For example: write down that you will exercise 3 times a week in a gym – 30 min cardio and 30 min strength. You can easily check whether you did this or not. Make your goals realistic not to disappoint yourself if you don’t fulfill the plan. The same goes for rewards, keep them realistic. For example, reward yourself for each week/month of fulfilled plan, it can be anything you like: for weekly rewards I suggest 5$ in a jar, or a long bath, or to go to see a movie; and monthly rewards can be new sneakers or new exercising outfit, a massage, etc.
- Weigh yourself weekly: Most of people make that mistake and weigh themselves every day. It can be disappointing and make yourself crazy, thinking that you are not moving from that one point. In order to be able to see your success, make it once a week, right thing in the morning, with as little clothing on you as possible.
These are top 5 tips for effective fitness that both men and women can follow easily, and that will help everybody to achieve that body you dream of.