It is well known that smoothies are the best and easiest way to get all our nutrients, vitamins and all energy and health boosting stuff. For all of us who have hectic daily routine, this is the best brekkie we can get. This one is in the top of my list, because it has it all: greens, avocado, and lemon.
We all know how much leafy greens are good for our overall health, for our bones, our skin, hair, nails etc. If you didn’t know, when you buy your greens – always buy those that look freshly and bright. Lively-looking spinach leaves are not only more attractive to the eye but more nourishing as well. Recent research has shown that spinach leaves that look fully alive and vital have greater concentrations of vitamin C than spinach leaves that are pale in color. Spinach is also full of vitamins K, A, B2, B6, E, folates, magnesium, the list is huge. So, whenever you can, add it to your meal. Benefits are amazing!
As far as avocados are concerned, it is incredibly nutritious. They are full of pantothenic acid or vitamin B5 (which we know helps our bodies to turn carbohydrates into glucose, which the body uses to produce energy), fiber, copper, folates, vitamins K, B6, C and E. It is loaded with heart-healthy monounsaturated fatty acids, it lowers cholesterol and triglyceride levels, and improves our eyesight.
Benefits of lemons are numerous. Including enough vitamin C in our diet is good to our cardiovascular health, prevents anemia, formation of kidney stones, and it is excellent for our complete immune system.
Now, let’s see what we need:
- 2 lemons
- 2 avocados, stoned and chopped (you can use fresh or frozen, it’s up to your taste)
- 100 g spinach leaves
- 200 ml water (you can experiment with the amount, depending on the texture of smoothie you like most)
- For decoration: mint leaves, almonds, walnuts…I use whatever I have in the kitchen at the moment
- Juice the lemons
- Put them in blender together with avocado and spinach
- Add water and whizz it until smooth
- Pour in a glass or bowl, decorate with your choice of nuts, leaves, seed… and there’s your daily portion of energy and health!
This amount is enough for two persons, so you can change the amounts depending on for how many people will eat with you. I hope you’ll enjoy this recipe knowing that making and eating it, you did something awesome for yourselves.