Few days ago I wrote about bliss balls and the beauty of eating and making them. These peanut butter and figs bliss balls are pretty much similar, but hey, they are all alike.
But, let me tell you the secret: I’m working on a new bliss balls recipe and it’s gonna be so different from what we are used to. Stay tuned!
These peanut butter and figs bliss balls were made without a plan or prepared ingredients. I was baking a pie for the breakfast for the family. Since it it was pretty late (when it’s hot, I use oven only during the night) and I was so sleepy, I decided to make something else while the oven is on, to keep me awake. I grabbed the ingredients from the pantry, blended them and voila! – we have these beauties when the sweet tooth takes over.
Peanut Butter and Figs Bliss Balls – Recipe:
- 1 cup of dates (soaked)
- 2 cups of figs (soaked)
- 1 tbsp of chia seeds
- 3 tbsp of peanut butter
- 2 tbsp of coconut oil
- 1/2 cup of cocoa powder
- 3 tbsp of sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup of oats
- for decoration: 1 cup of shredded coconuts and 1 cup of bee pollen
I didn’t have much time to soak dates and figs, about 20 minutes, and I hat to blend ingredients longer. The longer you soak them, the softer the’ll be and you’ll blend them more easily.
- Put all the dry ingredients in a bowl and mix them well.
- Put dates and figs in your blender or food processor and blend, add peanut butter and coconut oil and blend again.
- Then, add the dry ingredients from the bowl and blend until combined well. You’ll get the dough that is sticky.
- Form the dough into small balls, and then roll them into shredded coconuts and bee pollen. You can use chia seeds, sesame seeds or whatever you like. This was my option for this time.
- Store in the fridge.
I hope you will enjoy.